(Revamping the blog. Please excuse the odd headings. Working on it!)

Writing History & Mysteries

When I'm not delving into historical research, I'm planning a character's demise.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Road Trip to Blairsville



A couple months ago we packed up our son, along with friends of ours and their son, and headed to Blairsville, PA. Our trip was not random. Our sons were graduating high school and our goal was to take a tour of Wyoming Tech. I was going through my notes on my iPad and realized I never shared the post I wrote on my blog.

I find a lot more things to write about now that I blog on a regular basis, so I thought I would share some highlights of our journey.  One of the neatest places was Punxsutawney, PA. This is where Punxsutawney Phil lives of course. You know, the groundhog's day critter? They use Phil like the village of Perry, NY uses the sea serpent--it's everywhere on everything. (More on the sea serpent another day.)

While we were in Punxsutawney we stopped at McDonalds (who of course had their own Phil) and while my husband was inside getting our drinks and older gentleman came up to him and handed him a CD of songs he wrote and performed. We played it of course while we drove. I'd say it reminded me of classic country from the 1950s to 1970s. Very nice songs of love and spiritual inspiration. The name on the CD as author of the songs is Charles Farley.

We arrived at Wyoming Tech and of course I think we were all impressed. What our guys decided to do is of course up to them but here is some photos from inside the school.

A Wyo Tech bike made by Orange County Choppers



Our friends the Clarks.


So back to Punxsutawney Phil. I took some shots of him on the way down and also on the way back. In my area of western New York we do a montage on cows or horse statues like the ground hog statutes below. Aren't they cool?






Our last stop of interest was outside the pottery and chainsaw sculpture shop of the Appalachian Arts Studio in Ridgeway, PA.  Beautiful work, right?





I think no matter where one travels there is always something of interest to see. What about you? Did you find something cool where you least expected?

This is post #9 in the Ultimate log Challenge.
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can comment. You don't need to jump through hoops or be a member of anything. Nice huh?

Available in paperback and eBook formats

Available in paperback and eBook formats

Now Available At:

Barnes & Noble
Amazon
The History Press
Walmart

Carried by over 40 college/university libraries across the county, according to daily updates by worldcat.org, including Columbia University, Oklahoma State, Texas A & M, and Yale University Law Library.

Book Trailer

Weekend Writing Warriors

Weekend Writing Warriors
WeWriWa

Bread & Butter the Murders of Polly Frisch

Bread & Butter the Murders of Polly Frisch
Available on Amazon

Other Great Reads

Followers

Recent Posts

A to Z - 2015

A to Z - 2014

A to Z - 2014

A to Z - 2013

A to Z - 2013

Goodreads

Cindy's bookshelf: read

Waiting for Harvey
4 of 5 stars
Alone, in a cabin in the woods, with a ghost. Who could ask for more in a ghost story? Harvey starts right out with a hint of foreboding in a conversation between brothers John and Erik. Already my curiosity is roused as to what happened...
tagged: books-i-read-to-me
James Potter and the Curse of the Gate Keeper
3 of 5 stars
I randomly downloaded this on my iPad when I hit the wrong button being a bumble fingers, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I've never read fanfic before. It was pretty good. But like many other people, it still can't compare to J. K. Row...
CHIMERAS
5 of 5 stars
I beta read a few chapters of a different book by this author (one that isn't out yet) so when this one was out I had to read it as it was the same character in the one a betaed a bit of--the character of Track. I have a fondness for thi...
tagged: books-i-read-to-me

goodreads.com